Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pricing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ethon, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Is $399 a good price, new, for a Genz Benz 210?

(List 499)

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
  3. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    But I really want a Genz Benz, though I hear good things about the Avatars...Ive played a lot of 410s at music stores through my head (HA3500) and the Genz Benz 210 blew them away...I might have to go with that Avatar just because of cheapness

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    If you can't get better than 30% off retail price it is not a good deal. Call Washington Music @(301)946-8808. I bet you get 35% off or better from them.

I was just looking at the specs on the Genz Benz, only rated @ 200 watts??? Sure you don't want an Avatar?

5. Mandobass

Mandobass

Nov 12, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    i have that same head you have and i bought a avatar 2x10 about 4 months ago for the ridiculous price of somehting like 210 bucks shipped.

needless to say the thing is worth every penny. really versatile sound. be prepared to add some lower end if you have a 5 string low, the 2 10s can't reach too too low.

i plan on buying either a 2x12 or a 1x15 from avatar as soon as i get the funds.

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    yah $399 for a $499 list ain't that great, its barely a GC price..20% off list isn't very good. Like NeedMore Bass said- hold out for 30% off list or better.

7. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I've been looking for a 210 cab but I've never played through an Avatar. ow do they compare to other cabs such as an Ampeg SVT210? Is it a completely diffrent sound? Im going to be hooking it up to an Ampeg B2 with a 15 also, will I still be able to get a good Ampeg sound or do they cabs have a sound uniquely their own?

Thanks

8. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago