1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pride and Glory

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RexNFX79, Oct 30, 2010.

1. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    I broke and old classic out of the vault today, the Zakk Wylde Pride and Glory album. I had (amazingly) forgotten what a killer album this is. Zakk is an amazing guitar player and really kills on this record. I heard that he played bass on the album as well which is really cool because I dig the bass on this record as well. I really wish he would do another album like this. Let's start a petition! Anybody think Zakk would give a #$%&?

2. Yes I think he would. I follow him on twitter and he frequently returns messages from fans. I just picked up the Pride and Glory Special Edition cd a few weeks ago. The full regular disc plus a second disc of covers like The Wizard, Come Together, In My Time of Dyin', and some other stuff. Great cd. Especially the goof off stuff like I Hate Your Guts.

3. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    I heard about that, I'm going to have to upgrade to the special edition. Zakk is the man! I'd love to have a beer with that guy.

4. mounsen

mounsen

Mar 26, 2008
    Statesboro, GA
    I was watching some Black Label Society vids on youtube the other day and it's not really my thing overall. Definitely some good riffs. I started thinking about how I wish he would do another Pride and Glory album. I'll have to pull out my copy and give a listen.

5. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE

Absolutely, the Black Label stuff really isn't my cup o' tea either but I listen because Zakk is awesome. The last Black Label albums seem to just be about guitar and that's it. Little thought about the song as a whole.

6. I saw BLS in Denver last night. Awesome band. I would agree about the last couple albums. I think BLS was at it's best on 1919 Eternal, The Blessed Hellride, and Hangover Music. Loved the Pride and Glory album as well as the Book of Shadows album. Zakk is the man. On a bass note, JD was smokin last night too. Played his Schecter 5 and a fretless Schecter 4 for In this River. Good solid bassist that has a lot of fun playing.

H

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Indeed a great record. Imma pretty big Mylde fanboi, so anything related I'm usually /in on.