1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prima Guitar Shop J Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Will_White, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    I'm interested in using Prima Pickups for an upcoming parts bass and I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with them. I'm specifically looking for information about their J pickups, and this is probably a long shot but the 20k Thunder bridge pickup.

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

saw the thread and wanted to learn something myself: sorry i have no info/experience or sage advice. i googled to see the pickup: what's the "long shot" to which you refer?

someone who knows something will respond, i'm sure!

3. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Most people on here are interested in getting a "vintage" tone which the 20k Thunder Pickup is most definitely not. It's only available as a single pickup which doesn't matter for me as it's going into a three pickup bass.

Single Prima Jazz BassĀ® pickup

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Bump

5. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    I've been emailing back and forth with Mike at Prima Guitar Shop, and he sent me a sound clip of the Thunder 20k bridge and it sounds really good. If he says I can I'll post it up here for you all. It's very clean and clear but it doesn't sound thin like most J bridge pickups I've heard.

6. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    Well I ordered a 12k Alnico 5 neck pickup, 14k Alnico 8 bridge, and the 20k Alnico 8 bridge pickup.

7. Will_White

Will_White

Jul 1, 2011
    Salem, OR
    No update on the pickups just venting a little impatience. I think the hardest part of ordering custom handwound pickups is waiting for them to be wound.

FenderTuni likes this.
  8. John Vigier

John Vigier

Jun 16, 2018
    Many clients lost money in the last 10 months . Cashed by Prima guitar, no pickups ,no news ,no answer ,
    BUYER BEWARE . i lost money