Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PRIMUS : ANIMALS SHOULD NOT TRY TO ACT LIKE PEOPLE

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lackey, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So, whattya guys think? Hopefully I'll have my copy sometime tonight or tomorrow. Haven't been an avid Primus listener for a while now, but with Herb back, this is an incredible event.

2. Well,what can I say about the new songs,it's Primus.The new songs sounds a little like pork soda and frizzle fry,weird musikal konstructions,I can't wait to hear a new full lenght album.

3. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I haven't heard any of the new stuff yet, but I'm goin to see em on the 19th, and they're supposed to play Seas of Cheese in its entirety - maybe they'll play some of the new stuff as well.

The original Primus lineup at the Celebrity Theatre (it's a theater in the round, circular with no seat farther than 75 feet from the rotating stage) - it's a good time to be alive. :)

4. Lucky you,I wish I could see Primus live at least performing one song,but it'll be totally difficult to happen in my country,maybe someday,who knows.

5. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    Why am I always the poor baffoon with not enough money for (insert what ever everyone is talking about). lol

Cant wait til I can get my paycheck and pick it up this weekend though. :D

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's excellent. I'm not going to review it, it's top notch Primus. If you liked the original line up and like Primus in general, you will most likely be really happy with this.

7. Primus is back! The real Primus, too. Brain was alright, but he wasn't Tim Alexander. I think that's part of the reason Brain left Primus. Can't wait to hear them open the can!

8. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    What kind of Primus fan am I? I had no idea it was out yet. Well I know where I'm going tonight!!

I can't wait to see them live! Nov. 18th Boston, I'm there!! :D

9. Me too:D

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sounds pretty good after one listen. I need to listen again. Can't wait to watch the DVD.

brad cook

12. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hey,, the DVD alone is worth the price! I've never seen ANY Primus videos before,, they are hilarious! Some good live shows WITH good sound, more that are bootlegged, behind the scenes stuff, tour cameras, and FISHING!!

Les claypool walks across stage in a Rooster suit during an Alice in Chains concert ("YEAH, Here comes the rooster, ya know he aint gonna die!").

Excellent

Get it at Best Buy,, only $9.99!!!

13. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i love Primus. its great to see Tim back...

seas of chZ, FRZLEFRIE, skonthis. etc...are all idelibly etched in my brain.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

i liked Tim Alexander a LOT better in Attention Deficit's Idiot King release.

Manring can spoil a guy, ya know.

f

14. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I agree with you Fred, I was hoping Tim would be a little more "crazy" now, but I guess he kinda slid back into his "Herb" role, as a supporter and not as a flashy poly-meter guy....

Knowhatimeanvern?

15. Boston. Orpheum Theater. Row QQ! I will BE THERE! :D Look foward to meeting you all there too.

16. Boston. Orpheum Theater iam going
    i cant wait ibeen wanting to see primus for so long, iv seen the frogs 2 times but that was a tease.

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

Huh!? He's done plenty of flashy, upfront stuff with Primus. Yes, he serves the music but he's definitely done lots of cool stuff such as his percussion solo on Pork Soda and lots of cool drumming moments on Tales from the Punch Bowl.

brad cook

18. I've got a video bootleg from '89, and a lot of his drumming doesn't seem as flashy until you see him play. He's all over the place. He's just doing it in context.

19. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Been listening to the CD for a while now, only watched part of the DVD..Does it strike anyone else as odd they have different mixes of the songs during some of the videos?

Over the Falls is the most noticable at first listen, I think. Sounds way different than the CD version.

Also, I thought the new CD was really, really dark. Very very sad, angry, and bitter sounding, IMO.

All excellent and well worth the cash though.

20. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    This CD/DVD combo is an amazing deal!! $10 at Best Buy... Dayamn... The CD is a lot darker than their other stuff, and really not as good. But none the less I still really like the CD, and like most CD's it will grow on me, actually it is at this second.
    The DVD is insane, every Primus video, backstage, recording footage, home videos, pictures, commentary, live videos, rare sh*t, and more.
    If you like Primus and don't buy this you should be bitch slapped.