Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Primus anthology transcription book

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by nate 0 jt, Sep 4, 2001.

1. has anyone seen these books, used them? are they EXACTLY what he plays... I have been trying for a while to find a transcription book that shows exactly what he is doing. Thanks Nate

2. It's pretty good. I have A-N because I want to pick up some new technique. Not really learn songs. My band wouldn't do a primus cover, seems like it would be boring for an audience (Just my opinion). But it is very good for showing what is Slapped/Hammer/Slide/Pop/Etc. Also tells you what kinda bass it's arranged for (6 String fretless, 5 string fretted..etc)

Overall, a pretty good book. Even got me playing some passages that I've never considered before. Worth it to me.

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i have the O-Z book!

pretty good...

just that "Too many puppies" is kinda wrong... i mean, it has the right notes but it tells you to play it in a uncomfortable position on the fretboard and i checked the "Videoplasty" (Primus official live video) and Les actually plays it different than the book (i play it like les does)... other than that it´s a good book.