1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Primus - DMV quick questions.

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by wesman2232, Apr 19, 2010.

1. I recently bought all 3 of Primus's Bass/Guitar Play Like It Is Transcription books, which include tabs and normal music for both guitar and bass, and there is a question I need answered for the song DMV.

In the book it says :
    *Throughout the song, hammer (6) & (5) w/L.H. finger and tap (4), (3) & (2) w/R.H. fingers (unless otherwise indicated).

And others along that same kind of message in the song.

Can someone please explain to me what that exactly means? More specific, the numbers in the ()'s. Cause I know that I hammer with the left and tap with the right :p

Thank you for your time, have a good day :)

2. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hey man, i have the same book and im looking at it now. Honestly, dont waste your time. The publisher just gave poor phrasing. They are just telling you which notes to play with your left hand and which with your right. He plays the notes on the B with his left, and the rest with his Right hand. If you dont get what i mean, ill make you a video, but if you get it let me know.

3. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I love that song!!

4. Actually you gave me a good idea of what it means :) I'm thinking it means hammer anything on string 6 (6 being the low B string) and 5 and tap the ones on string 4, 3, and 2. Sounds logical to me :)
    If that's not what it means then I'm confused lol.
    Thanks for the help :)