Primus - Hallucino Genetic DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JMX, Nov 13, 2004.

1. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just bought this one after browsing the aisles @ my local dealer's.
    Great DVD, only bummer is the lack of bonus material. Get it!
  2. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! IT DOESN'T COME OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 16TH!!!! wjhere did you get it? they just happened to have an advance copy? what the hell!? I've been dieng to get that.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's officially available in Germany (and Europe?).
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah I need to get this on the 16th!
  5. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    This came out in Europe on Nov 8th. Am hoping to find a copy during my lunch break today.
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I will not just buy this - I will buy the HELL out of it!
  7. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    The 16th huh? I'm there dude!
  8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I bought it Friday. I would have liked to hear a Rush cover and have at least ONE extra even if it were mediocre. But the show was just great! I did know he used his 4 string so much. In fact he used it for the majority of the show!
  9. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    Which show was it? (it was the recent tour w/ sailing the seas... right?)
  10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    Hallucino Genetics tour, w/ Frizzle Fry, the DVD was filmed in Chicago IIRC
  11. I just got this tonight and it RULES. I love it.
  12. Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton

Nov 13, 2004
    Delran, NJ
    i was at best buy yesterday, i bought 6 cds but forgot to look for this. DAMN!
  13. golden_boy

Dec 27, 2004
    I love it, its awesome, The only gripes i have with it are, firstly that the lighting is really bad, i hate the fact i cannot see the band half the time, just their sillohetes, plus the bands lack on interaction with the crowd, but Im guessing that it was cut out by the editors, otherwise the band come across as really pissy hehe
  14. smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    i saw them in toronto, actually a week before that was shot. there wasn't too much more band/crowd participation at that show either
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I love Primus music, but this DVD is not my favorite. It's cool to crank up the 5.1 and listen while reading and occasionally seeing what Les' hands are up to though.
  16. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Theres already a Primus - Hallucino Genetic Dvd thread JMX.

But ill share my views on it. its good, great sound, and picture, and a nice length, only gripe is on there first set they didnt play Tommy the cat :(.. why?? its such a classic..
  17. I would of wanted that on there rather than My Name Is Mudd
  18. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah MNIM is a bit repetitive. i mean its a class primus song, but Tommy the cat!!!! its like the best thing since sliced bread.
  19. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    No that was the mood AT the show as well. That was the most dissapointing part of it. Les was at an all time low in crowd interaction. And I heard several other shows from the same tour, you couldn't get him to shut up. I recall one solo section with him facing his amps for many minutes. Seemed really odd and disconnected the entire time.

I have yet to see the DVD, but being there in the room, it seemed the coldest they had been that I've witnessed ever.

Oh, and about tommy, it was pretty clear they steered far away from anything Cheese because of the prior tour.

20. The first two songs sgt baker and american life were from seas of cheese...

Half the show he used his four string because they play frizzle fry in its entiredy, frizzle fry was recorded before he got the 6-strings