Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PRIMUS IS BACK!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    OK, I'm not a huge Primus fan, and don't pay too much attention, but I thought Brain was the drummer. Is he out?

2. HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

that is super sweet....the entire Sailing the Seas of Cheese as the second set. With Herb. Oh yeah sign me up for that show.

4. That is excellent, especially the part about herb, he's my favorite primus drummer.

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You have made my day! Wow! I know it has been promised, but I didn't think it would happen... Herb is back. New material. This is the best news I've heard in years.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I just popped over to Primussucks.com and it sounds like a little clip of some of the new stuff on the welcome page or whatever you call it...I'm soaking in it right now... just click here: http://www.primussucks.com ...now I gotta go back there to read all about it... I'm giddy like a little school girl right now!

7. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    YES!

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Whoa!

I kind of stopped being a primus fan for the past 2 years, but this is excellent.

I'm satisfied.

9. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    yeah, I've sort of moved on too, but I wouldn't pass up a chance to see Herb doing his thing.

10. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Here they come...

11. Scamp

Scamp

Jul 18, 2003
    HERE COME THE BASTARDS!!!!

12. PRIMUS SUCKS!!!!:D :D :D

13. I heard Primus for the first time 1,5 years ago, because my 'bass teacher' said I had to check it out. I bought Sailing The Seas Of Cheese and now it's my favourite cd. At that time I was playing bass only for a few weeks. I heard 'Tommy the Cat' an 'Jerry was a racecar driver' and I was full of inspiration.
    I mean I hardly knew what a fretless bass was while Les was slapping on one!! :bassist:
    And now there's a DVD!! guess they're not doing a tour in europe.. :(

"and I say unto thee...”

14. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    So far, there is no info at the Primus site.

15. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Finally! :)

16. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I was mad at Les when he fired Herb!!!!! I'm stoked they are back together.....I kinda knew when I got the Bonnaroo DVD last year with Herb, that maybe they would get back togther. Herb is a badass......check out his work with Micheal Manring:bassist:

17. theres more info and pics from the dvd up at the site now:
    www.primussucks.com

a few tour dates are up as well and more at to be added soon

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

Les fired herb? that's not the story I heard, I heard that herb wanted to leave.

19. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Sweetness! I always liked Herb's drumming more than Brain's. Glad to see this happen.