Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Primus silly putty

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Murf, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Murf

Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Ireland
    Hi Guys,

While trawling through Audiogalaxy I came across a live version of primus doing a cover of Stanley Clarkes "silly putty" and all I can say is...CHECK IT OUT!!!, damn Les makes a funky bassline sound even funkier, I've heard Stanleys live version of the same track with a full horn section but I must say the primus version with just 3 instruments (guitar drums and bass) is even better, for some reason the track just POWERS along.

Its nice to hear the "big name" players to-day covering tracks which were obviously big influences to them when they were starting out (kind of like an homage).

Although on second thoughts having heard the RHCP MURDERING the Jacksons "I want you back"..maybe this isnt always a good thing.

2. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    i bought nirvanan's bootleg, smells like cover verisons for my boyfreind last year, i thought it would be a cool present since he is both a big nirvana fan and doors fan, they cover the end as the last track

it wasnt a good cd

it was bad

very bad

very very bad