1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Prince On Leno

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Prince was on Leno Wednesday, last night, and tonight. I haven't seen last nights yet, but Wednesday nights performance was fantastic. His bass player was playing a sick white Ritter 4 string.

Prince is definitely the high bar for musical performers.

2. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Must find.

3. Cool, I'll have to check it out.
    Must be on Hulu, or something.

Thanks!

4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh sweet. I'll look that up.

5. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    There you go.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Nice. :D. Thanks L-A

7. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    I wish I was that cool.

EDIT: I just noticed in the OP's video the bassist is playing right handed, and in this one he's playing left-handed: . But now that I'm looking, I don't think the right one is the same bass, so it might not be the same bassist.

8. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    That's great. Good to see him back on that cool Hohner Tele, too.

9. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Sounded good. I like the more heavy rock Prince as well as the ol' skool funk

10. That song was awesome. I love Prince, especially Purple Rain.

11. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Yep, he used two different bands on wednesday and thursday nights. Wednesday was the husband and wife rhythm section, there names escape me at the moment but the wife plays drums and the husband plays bass. Thursday was definitely Michael Bland on drums, but I didn't know the bass player, but I think he was playing a 5 st Warwick Dolphin. I liked Wednesday, but I thought they killed on Thursday!!

dee

edit: Joshua dunham on bass, Cora Coleman Dunham on drums

12. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I would really love to play a ritter.

13. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC
    I liked how after Prince finished the song he set up some sustained oscillating sound and then handed the still ringing guitar to a flabbergasted audience member. The sound kept ringing, loudly, as Leno said his good night.

14. Oric

Oric

Feb 19, 2008
    Georgetown, Kentucky
    Can't stop the funk- I've seen George Clinton and company play while a fireworks show was going on, and managed to play louder.

15. Josh Dunham is the bass player who played on the song "Get On The Boat" from Prince's last album, and that is without a doubt one of the greatest basslines I have ever heard!!!

16. Beepo

Beepo

Sep 23, 2008
    Oslo, Norway
    Husband and wife section: Cora Dunham(dr) and Josh Dunham(bs)
    Older section(NPG): Michael Bland(dr) and probably, judging by the white Dolphin, Sonny T(bs)

edit: Sonny T is a leftie, so there you go. Check him out on the NPG-albums from the 90's.

17. dee rob

dee rob

Feb 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    i never realized that Sonny T is a leftie. Thanks!

dee

18. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    The white house is now black. :)

19. Good stuff. I might need to pick this cd up. I loved the jam session at the end of the song last night, too bad they cut it off.

lowsound

20. kydnav

kydnav

Jun 24, 2006
    Netherlands
    Too bad that after the show one of Prince's people went to the guy to get the guitar back :scowl: