1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Prince Smashes Captain Kirks (of the Roots) Vintage Guitar

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Mar 5, 2013.

1. If these are true, Prince is a scumbag.

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I saw this yesterday. What the hell is wrong with people? I don't care how rich and famous you are. Why would Prince think this was a good idea????

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Prince is a scumbag regardless. Just ask Andre Cymone and his parents who took Prince in as a kid and he screwed Andre and his parents over.

As for this, it's pure idiocy and just a redundant example of how large a piece of garbage, the little freak from Minnesota is.

4. JFOC

JFOC

Oct 23, 2010
    new hampShire
    Prince was my first cassette...***, not cool

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    :rollno: What a piece of excrement...

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    What a jerk. You can't buy class.

7. Never liked him, like him even less now!

Who does that?

8. Rickengeezer

Rickengeezer

Feb 25, 2005
    Central Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Steve Clayton Accessories
    Living proof that competency plus bad attitude convinces many that one is a genius.

9. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Wow that's ******.

10. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Captain Kirk should have kicked his ass as soon as the show was over! Making Prince pay money is nothing. I am a long time Prince fan, and I know that art and the artist are separate, but at least a person could be decent!

11. What a douche...

12. This should be amended to one of the "loaning/borrowing gear" threads.

13. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    How about this:
    "The worst part? Douglas apparently asked Prince to sign it for him, and Prince said no."

14. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    What a Dickhead ! Its embarassing as a minnesotan that he's one of the things people relate to when they think of the Minneapolis area. He's a weird little man and very over rated as a composer. I've heard other artists rework some of his tunes and they were much more pleasing to the ear than the original. The one thing that really burns my toast is that he is credited with creating what was propigated as "the Minneapolis sound." Anyone thats lived around here for the last 50 years or so knows that nothing could be further from the truth. Not a fan, sorry.

15. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Shouldn't this be in with the "your a dink for not letting someone borrow your gear at a gig" thread.

16. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Lot's of times things like this are Just B/S Publicity stunts but if it's true than He's definitely a feminine hygiene product.

17. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Not even in the top 10 worst stories I've heard about Purple Yoda's "behavior".

I understand the whole warpage of personality due to a transcendental gift thing, but this guy is beyond belief, and has been for a long time. Still, here we are talking about him and selling his albums for him ;p

18. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I thought it was a jerk move, definitely...but oddly I am not surprised at all...

That's the part that killed me too.

19. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    I actually really like Prince a lot, but man what a jerk. He's notoriously a jerk so I can't say I'm surprised.