Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Starrchild, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    tell me what do my fellow bassist think of prince?
    ever heard let's work if not download it trust me.
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Some people have a problem with his persona but...

the guy has skills.
  3. Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    you're absolutely right brad if we just focused on his musical skills instead of the purple lip gloss on those pretty little lip's
    of his LoL,just kidding prince just funky cat.
  4. I think prince is pretty funky, even if he is gayer than chris squire. :D
  5. get over the looks folks, he's a great player. i've seen him play bass a coupla times.

had the opportunity to work on a lakland we made for him. the one with the fist headstock he was pictured with on the cover of bass player magazine (don't remember the issue)
  6. Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Yeah Prince is one funky bass player that a lot of bass players are not aware of. It's just like some guys don't even know Hendrix was a good bass player as well. Fair enough Prince can be weird at times but people should learn to look at someones musical ability before they judge the actual person. There are a lot of guys that probably don't like him and will dismiss his great musical abilities as a result to not liking him. Fat or skinny , good looking or ugly , black or white
    etc etc we should always judge by the musicians talent.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I like some of Prince's stuff, I really dig Get Off for some reason..I also think he's a very talented musician. He just looks and acts like a freak, but the man has talent.