Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Princeton Amps???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deanobg, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Hi all

I've just picked up a used Princeton SG400B amplifier for practice - should be a bit louder than my Roland Spirit 10 :)\

Anyway there is a small rip in the speaker and i wanted to price a new one. Now the problem is i don't know how to measure what size it is.

If i measure from the outside of the frame (where the screws that secure it are) it measures 12" but if i measure from where the corrugations are at the outside of the speaker it measures 10"

I'm presuming it's a 10" but not sure - please help

Also if anyone has had any experience/knows anything about these i'd be very interested.

It only cost $230 AUD (about $120 USD) so i'm not expecting miracles from it but it'll be nice to play an E string that doesn't continually fart (smelly sod!!!!)

Thanks for your help

Dean

2. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    It's a 12 inch speaker.

3. Thanks Jim

I'll have to get a replacement organised soon as it's farting as though it's only ever eaten baked beans in its whole life!!! :)

Does anyone else know anything about Princeton amps. I'll bring the model number with me to work tomorrow which may help.

Dean