1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Printer ink cartridges

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by EagleMoon, Oct 5, 2008.

1. The prices on these things is crazy. I just bought a color ink cartridge for my Epson Stylus 440 and it was almost $30. Is there a good place online to get cartridges cheap?

2. www.rima.com

I use their compatible cartridges in my R200 and 580 all the time. No problems.

3. Their prices look great but they don't have the cartridge I need. I've got the color cartridge but need the black one.

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The smart ad software put an ad for a place called "Clickinks.com" on the bottom of this page!

I tried non-original manufacturer ink cartridges once a few years ago. I have not since. It was a very poor expeirnce. Costco sells ink cartridges at good prices. Office Depot has their own brand ink cartridges at good prices. I'll try aftermarket ink carts again.

Strangely enough, your ink will last longer if you print fairly regularly. Just letting the printer sit and hardly ever using it will cause the cart to dry up.

5. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
  6. Cheap inks are often very watery in comparison to more expensive ones. They can really mess up your printer. A friend of mine had a dirt cheap printer cartridge burst in his printer!

I use Inkrite carts for my printers (currently Epson DX8400). They are great quality and very well priced :) , plus you get much more mileage per cart than with epson originals!

Cant seem to find anything for your printer tho :(

http://www.inkrite.com/

7. richnota

richnota Gold Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Santa Cruz
    i tried "off brand" ink for my Epson 1280. Worked very nicely for something like a quarter of the price. Ink held up great. No issues.

I'll post brand when i get back to my studio.

8. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005