Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vorago, May 23, 2004.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

I need some help here because this is one of those computerprobs that I can't fix. My HPDeskjet 950C was having some problems lately, so I decided to reïnstall the printing program. At a certain point in the installing process I have to select the printer gate. Having a USB cable and connection I select USB, then I click next. Then the installing program says that it doesn't support USB installation, when I install the other gate, LPT1, it does install the printer, although I can't print since I don't have a LPT cable! If I go to the printer properties and I set the gate to USB, the printer doesn't report an error, but it doesn't print either.

Any ideas? anyone?
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Everything except that...

3. Either download an update or new installer from the HP website (if available), or, if you have a recent windowsversion (assuming you use that), say XP, go with the software it tries to install when you pop in the cable and power the printer. There should be drivers with windows that can use that printer.

edit: Antwerpen? *zwaait* Nog een Belg :D
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Well, that may be a problem, I have Windows 98 second edition, so if I replug the USB cable the machine does bogus...

Oostende hmm, ga viskes bakken! :D
  5. grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Call HP tech support.
  6. Update your drivers for Win98. Should help. Maybe I'll go and see if there are any updates, but I'm trying to study my dutch here.

oostende? gullegem all the way maat :spit: :D
  7. I wasn't trying to be. I have no idea what an LPT cable is. I figured they weren't that expensive, and if you purchased one, your printer problems would be solved.