Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Prism D´Addario

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by The Hollow, Apr 13, 2002.

1. HAS ANYONE USED PRISM D´ADDARIO STRINGS ??
    (DAVID ELLEFSON-MEGADETH) COUSE I HAVE D´ADDARIO XL STRING AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A DIFFERECE BETWEEN THEM....

THANX!

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I have some one my fretless. They are really bright and zingy.

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The Hollow - I don't think you need to shout. We can hear you fine using lower-case letters. :)

As the D'Addario Prisms, I've fallen completely and madly in love with them. They're almost too bright when first installed, but after about a week of settling in they mellow just enough to remove the "ultra brightness" out. They're fairly long-lasting, also. Mine have been on for 3 months and still sound amazingly good.

If you're looking for the piano-like "zing", these are the strings to get. :D

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My favorite strings, all things considered. I love the way they sound/feel and age. Sounds a LOT different than XL's, which I also like on certain instruments.

5. Nathan East uses Prisms.

6. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    What's the heaviest gauge of prism's you can get?
    Thanks,
    Brad

7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    The PSS80 Regular/Long Scale set is .50/.75/.85/.105, but D'Addario sells Prism singles from .110 to .135. You can check out their gauge chart here.

8. Definitely the brightest strings I have used. I wouls still use them if I could afford to buy. I guess I'll just have to stick to using Warwick strings. What can Isay? I'm a poor college student!

9. I bought a set for my MIM jazz because the D'addrio's I have on now are dying slowly ( but I love my strings to death, esp. Daddrios) I bought them cuz the Bassist from Megadeth uses them and I play a similar style but now I'm worried that they will be too bright...I mean you still get the low end right!? I'm not gonna put them on yet cuz I might be getting a Spector soon and I'll put them on there...the damn things cost me 36 bucks and I'm not gonna just through them on anything! :D