Prism strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Basser_Instinct, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Basser_Instinct

Feb 2, 2001
    Ok... I had a horrible expereience this weekend involvig strings. My band landed some studio time in a town about two hors away from home and to ensure my bass was in perfect health, I had it recalibrated the night before. On the way to the studio I picked ity up. When the restrung it ,I bought a set of D'Addario XL's for them to replace the old ones with.(orange circle on the box...I dunno what exactly they were)I'd never used them.. ye sI realise that it wasen't the smartest Idea to go into a studio wiht a brand of strings I'd never played before, But my guitarist promised Me I'd love them. Well, we got there and started playing and 20 minutes into the session, I broke the D string. Lucky me, I spotted a guitar store just down the road. So I went out and bought a set Of Prisms... also which I'd never heard/palyed on before, but I figured That I'd spend the Exter $ and the strings would be good. I got back, Restrung, And when I tightened the E string, it broke. Now everyone is all mad at me cuz of the time I wasted breaKing strings To make a long story short, I went back got another set of the prizms, and they were fine.At least for 3 weeks. but I've fallen in love with the sound and feof them... I just don't have the $40 to spend every 3 weeks. Can Anyone suggest another reliable brand thwon't break on me and still give me that warm bright sound?
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Try some DR Hi-Beams.
  3. jazzbass1

Dec 2, 2000
    FORTY DOLLARS??? Man, you're getting reamed! Try and get them for 1/2 that.

4. jazzbass1

Dec 2, 2000