Prisma Guitars (recycled skate boards instruments, strikingly good looking IMHO)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TonyP-, Oct 30, 2017.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    The bodies look killer and do not sell them separately at this time. (Wish they did lol)

ACcardo_00042backbody.jpg

Prisma Guitars

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Oddly likes this.
  2. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    Prisma-Bass001-Front_copy.jpg

wmmj and knumbskull like this.
  3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    wmmj and Oddly like this.
  4. I'd rock that, no question

TonyP- likes this.
  5. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    these are great! i'd seen the guitar versions before, didn't know they did basses too.

TonyP- likes this.
  6. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    What a great idea, and stunning result!
    Awesome!

TonyP- likes this.
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    Those look great. A lot of people either don’t pay attention to them or just dismiss them, but skateboards have been a medium for a lot of unique artists for decades. This looks like an interesting evolution of that.

TonyP- and Oddly like this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Gold Supporting Member

fun/interesting instrument(s).

i think a lot of things in our modern/wasteful world could be re-purposed for musical instruments. i'm amused/piqued by many. not sure any of them are worth the retail, however, including this one.

9. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Makes sense - you are taking plies of hardwood glued together, and gluing them together - simple enough. I did not know that most decks were the same shape. I figured with the different bending, you would not be able to do this.

10. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    A whole new take on "plywood" guitars...