Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by basserman44, Jul 24, 2000.

1. i saw some at the music store, i was wonderring what yall thought about them. it say bright string on the package, are they good for slap?? if not, what are they good for? i think they are made my D'adarrio(spelling)? anything will help, thanx

Keep on thumpin

2. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    I used these for awhile before trying out some Elixers. They are very bright sounding, more so than the XL's or Roto's.I personally liked the sound of them. Buy a set and try them out for yourself.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hey, do you guys happen to know if Prisms are steel or nickel? Im interested in trying them. I use XL's and Roto's right now.
  4. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    D'addario Prisms are stainless steel roundwounds.
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

These are the ones that John Patitucci endorses - so if you want to know what they sound like (potentially!), you could try listening to some of his 6-string electric work on his solos albums.
  6. Deicide666

May 1, 2000
    I just bought a set of prisms for my ibanez. The words out of my mouth were something like "Wow! So thats what new strings are supposed to sound like...." I'd say go for it, they're good.
  7. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Great Stings!I like XL too,but Prism are brighter,more flexible,better for slap,and longer lasting!
  8. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    I bought a set of Prisms about a month ago from Musician's Friend. I am very impressed with them. I play lots of styles (jazz, ska, rock, punk) and the strings seem to let me do whatever I want with them. They are now my favorite string. Very bright, BTW.