1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Private gear tours for bass: Where are they on Youtube?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by themacinator, May 21, 2011.

1. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    If you search Private Gear Tour's there are quite a few for guitar but I can't find any for bass. Do you know of any?

And I am looking for touring bassists in signed, known bands. Not amateur's like me.

2. There are many, many stunningly talented bass players who have never been signed, are in unknown projects and have never toured.

All players have something to teach and something to learn. It's a never ending circle.

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    amen to that!

4. mjcantor

mjcantor

Jan 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, Curt Mangan Strings
    Dunlop/MXR has interviews on their Youtube page with the techs for Justin Chancellor and Chris Wolstenholme, but that's about it in terms of famous bassists with gear videos that I've seen..... However, I second the opinion that anyone, regardless of fame, has something to say in this business....

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    The reason is their rigs aren't that complex. I mean jeebus just read the butthurdt that goes around this forum alone if you do anything other than Pre-DI!
    Chris and JC got those vids b/c they were done by Dunlop AND they have massive, big, complicated rigs and in their bands, the bass is arguably the biggest factor of their even bigger and world-renown acts.

And lol at the posts above that "everyone can learn from someone"- I"ve been on TB almost 9 years, and just read most daily Page 1 posts in any of the subforums and you'll learn that's not the case... :oops: :facepalm: Unless you want the best " " for "metal"... There's plenty of noobish and not very good reviews here and on YT alike, which is why like the OP, I'd love to see some vids from people who matter OR their techs who do this professionally.

Rex has a mini runthrough of his old Down rig that's around. Mark from Breaking Benj too.

But however as stated, most live rigs for popular artists would maybe take 30 seconds to go through with how simple/basic it is.