1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Private teacher needed in/near Bellingham, WA

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by mjt0229, Oct 25, 2013.

1. mjt0229

mjt0229 Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Next month, I'm packing my bass and driving across the country from Boston to Bellingham, Washington. Here in Boston, I've worked with three really fantastic teachers under whose guidance I've progressed substantially.

I'd love to find a teacher within reasonable driving distance of Bellingham who has significant experience with classical music and is comfortable troubleshooting french bow technique. Seattle and Vancouver aren't out of the question, but I won't be able to make it to either of those cities more than once a month on average.

I consider myself a fairly talented amateur; probably technically equivalent to someone entering a music school or with a little music school behind them (which I do).

2. rebassca92

rebassca92

Dec 19, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Try Ben Musa. His private studio is in Seattle but he's on faculty at western Washington university in Bellingham, so I would imagine he's up there once a week or so.