Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

PRO 40W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sampoerna, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    My 56K ISP hosts a "for sale" mailing list and this one hit my mailbox today...

Is this the <a href="http://www.promfg.com/html/guitar_amplifiers.html">Raven B-40</a>?

Sounds like something larger than what I've had in mind, but I was wondering if this was a decent deal. I saw one online ad at ~$300.00 -- but I didn't look around too much. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking for in a fairly new, easy-to-use practice amp without having to sell spare organs on the black market. :)

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Sam, I don't have experience with that particular amp but I wouldn't spend $200 on a practice amp. If all you want is a practice amp look at a Peavey Microbass, it'll cost you less than that new and has nice tone. Alternatively you could probably find a used Ampeg or SWR with more power for your $200. Happy shopping. :D

Mike

3. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    Oh, I have no intention of spending that much for practice needs...but considered setting it back if it was a once-in-a-lifetime deal that I'd kick myself over later because I was too ignorant to follow up on it. And I was just wanting to know more about it (and other members of its brand) for future reference. Sorry, I should've been more clear about that! Thanks. :)

4. b30307

b30307

Nov 18, 2000
    There are many rare guitar amps , but few for bass .
    Bass amps you should kick yourself for missing .
    Vox AC50
    blonde Fender Bassman head and cab
    original tweed Bassman
    original early 60's Ampeg Portaflex ,(i.e. 12 or 18 inch speaker )