1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

PRO 40W

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sampoerna, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    My 56K ISP hosts a "for sale" mailing list and this one hit my mailbox today...

Is this the <a href="http://www.promfg.com/html/guitar_amplifiers.html">Raven B-40</a>?

Sounds like something larger than what I've had in mind, but I was wondering if this was a decent deal. I saw one online ad at ~$300.00 -- but I didn't look around too much. I'm just trying to get an idea of what I'm looking for in a fairly new, easy-to-use practice amp without having to sell spare organs on the black market. :)

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Sam, I don't have experience with that particular amp but I wouldn't spend $200 on a practice amp. If all you want is a practice amp look at a Peavey Microbass, it'll cost you less than that new and has nice tone. Alternatively you could probably find a used Ampeg or SWR with more power for your $200. Happy shopping. :D

Mike

3. Sampoerna

Sampoerna Guest

Oct 9, 2000
    W. KY, USA
    Oh, I have no intention of spending that much for practice needs...but considered setting it back if it was a once-in-a-lifetime deal that I'd kick myself over later because I was too ignorant to follow up on it. And I was just wanting to know more about it (and other members of its brand) for future reference. Sorry, I should've been more clear about that! Thanks. :)

4. b30307

b30307

Nov 18, 2000
    There are many rare guitar amps , but few for bass .
    Bass amps you should kick yourself for missing .
    Vox AC50
    blonde Fender Bassman head and cab
    original tweed Bassman
    original early 60's Ampeg Portaflex ,(i.e. 12 or 18 inch speaker )