Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pro ATA flight case for 4x10 cab

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Eric Moesle, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    This is a pro-level full ATA flight case for a 4x10 bass cab, made by Road Dawgs in Nashville. The case has an interesting history: its original owner was Trey Gunn when he was with King Crimson, top of the case still has a NYC shipping sticker with Trey's name and King Crimson on it, which I have put a lamination on top of to protect as long as possible. Of course this contributes nothing to the value of the case, just a neat little factoid . . .

Case is "typical" black pro case with metal edging and thick foam interior, heavy duty wheels and wooden wheel plate on bottom. It was on tour with King Crimson for a year or two, and used locally by me for almost a year, so it has some standard road wear/scratches, though nothing major.

Fits my Aguilar GS410 really well, though it was originally made for Trey's Ashdown 410 cab. Interior dimensions foam-to-foam are 24.5" wide x 17.75" deep x 29.5" high.

Since its a full pro-level case, its pretty darned heavy. I'd prefer pickup and would be willing to drive an hour or so from Columbus, OH to meet you. Shipping can also be arranged, but at buyers cost. I'd like to get $150 for the case, which is a steal for one of this sturdy of build.

2. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
  3. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Some nibbles, but still available.

Pics available.

4. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
  5. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I'll consider trades . . . but understand that shipping on this bugger will be taken into consideration!!! :bassist:

6. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Eric,

Let me grab dimensions of the Bag End I'll be getting- and I'll let you know. I live abot 10 minutes from Dublin.

Ted

EDIT:

The cab is 28x22x18.5- looks like a near miss. :bawl:

7. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    On second thought...will the foam on the cab give the .75 inches enough for the depth? I think I can put a layer of foam to compensated for the 1.5 inches in the top or place a peice of wood in the bottem tray- the cab would be secure two ways.

Also, what are you looking for in trade?

Ted

8. Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH