1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pro Audio Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wilks, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Hey All
    Does Anyone out there know anything about the Australian made Pro Audio Amp's?
    I just want to know what the quality's like.

Thanx

-Wilks

2. HannibalSpector

HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    Australia
    I've seen them , I know of them unfortunately I've never heard them.
    I did however purchase a pro audio 4x10, it wasn't a bad sounding box. A real no-frills deal where you only pay for sound , not a brand name.

I believe pro audio is manufactured by a company called audio assemblers in melbourne . This company also manufactures - jade amps, eminar and a couple of others.

cheers

3. HannibalSpector

HannibalSpector

Mar 27, 2002
    Australia
    Eminar amps are a very good amp BTW

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Is this the same Pro Audio as the one in Germany? I've got a couple of their flight-case cabs (a 4x10 with British Celestions and a 1x18 with an EV) that sound pretty good for un-ported cabs. Bought 'em cheap from a German guy who had just arrived in San Diego with them a few years ago.

5. I dont think its the same as the german one. thanks anyways.

6. i know the mob you are on about, i bought some dean markley strings off them last week, they are a company based in the ACT i think, www.proaudio.com.au
    if they are assembled by that company in melbourne then thats the same company as those sovtek bass cab's.
    but no i havn't heard any of them or played through them.