1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pro Drum Loop Packs

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by sammyp, Dec 9, 2011.

1. sammyp

sammyp

Aug 20, 2010
    NB, Canada
    it's been a long while sinse i explored loops ....when i got my sonar DAW in 2003 i bought a cheap 4 disc set ..the kits were all miss matched with different EQ and no consistency in the styles ....some loops were not even successfully acidized.

I recently started to help a good friend get into the DAW world ...i think midi drum machines and samplers is gonna be too much for him ....i usually just record a live drummer or program a midi and work the samples and humanization factor hard ...

anyway, i'm looking at loops again for his sake ...what are some pro loop packs where you can actually write a song with conisitent EQ between grooves and fills etc? something you wouldn't make appologies for? fully acidized...

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    For loops
    Groove Monkee - Midi Drum Loops, Midi Drum Patterns, Drum Loops, Drum Beats, free midi loops
    They have just about everything in one place.

For just ease of use, with great sound, you can't beat
    PG Music - Band-in-a-Box for Windows - Video Demos

With Realtracks/Realdrums
    I think they still do a 30 day trial.
    Forget the looping, just put the whole song in and it will generate a track in a style you pick. Drag the whole drum track into your DAW.

Next is Jamstix
    Rayzoon - Virtual Drum Software - Jamstix Virtual Drummer - Videos
    For real DAW work it is incredible. But it has a steep learning curve