Pro setup shops

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by gruuv247, Sep 19, 2002.

1. gruuv247

gruuv247 Guest

Sep 18, 2002
    Burlington, NC
    No matter how much time I spend setting up my Bass I'm just never satisfied (it's driving me crazy :eek: ) Are there shops around that you can have real (not your local tech guy) professionals (with reputations) set up your Bass?
  2. I'm pretty sure that guys like Sadowski or Lull will set up a bass if you don't mind paying round trip shipping on top of the price they charge for a set up.
  3. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    If you can't get satisfied by your own work, how can anybody else? They don't know how you want it!

Each man knows his own desires. Only.
  4. gruuv247

gruuv247 Guest

Sep 18, 2002
    Burlington, NC
    I understand that Suburban but do you just set up a bass just to your personal fell or is there a formula you use.
  5. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read the posts that are currently in the forum about this subject and then do a search for "setup" in the archives and read them. You will learn that, indeed, there ARE formulas for your setup and that they are easily understood if you've got enough gumption to actually read them. Also look under "trussrod", "action", "string height" etc. This is the most discussed topic on the forum and there's plenty of reference to be found.
  6. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Usually a local music store will have someone there who is knowledgeable in the set-up procedure. Check with your local music store(s) and ask if they have someone who can set-up your bass for you, action, intonation, truss-rod, etc.