1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pro Tools First

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by verstft, May 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Joe Lonsdale

Joe Lonsdale

Jan 12, 2019
    It really doesn't make sense to invest in Pro Tools unless you are a full-time engineer or producer working in multiple studios. PT is very expensive, with a lot of plugins being expensive extras to purchase later rather than being all-inclusive as most of the other DAW packages are. PT is a great DAW, very methodical and solid, but it's just too expensive, is always a step or two behind the rest and ties you into the nightmare of control and nonsense, Avid. Reaper, Logic, Cubase, Ableton - whatever you have, get really good at using it and don't get fooled into thinking that the grass is greener on the other side!

The Owl and tfer like this.
  2. I spent some time with pro tools first recently while DAW shopping and found it to be ok, not great and kinda limited. It really is just designed to get you in and upgraded to the sub model. I ended up on reaper, I don't love the workflow sometimes to be honest but it's the best value for money. A professional DAW for peanuts! If you're in apple world it would be hard to pass up garageband/logic for sure.