Probably pulling the trigger today...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pamackie, Aug 6, 2009.

1. pamackie

pamackie

Jul 16, 2009
  2. It's a nice bass. If you like it... go for it.
    It's a personal decision, but if you're concerned about quality, you'll be fine.
    I have an old SR400 I got second hand just because it was black and called me ;-) and like most other Ibanez basses, really nice to play.

3. Demonator

Demonator

Jun 14, 2009
    L.J. Kentucky
    Dean Street Team
    nice choice man.

4. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    You getting a 5 for a first bass? Brave man. Ibanez,s are great though, especially for the price you have no worries there

5. creeper160

creeper160

Jun 24, 2009
    eh when u start learning more it will be no big deal but its a nice bass

6. pamackie

pamackie

Jul 16, 2009
    I actually found the 5-string neck more comfortable. 4 felt too narrow.

7. i hate username

i hate username

Jan 9, 2006
    Good Buzz, end of the day how it feels to you is the most important thing when buying a bass
    its probably going to make things easier for you in the long run. Im still rockin fours but giving serious thought to getting a five.I think we all go for one eventually

8. I have one and it's nice for the price! same color to only mine has the black headstock older model first issue of the bass. I think you will dig it.:hyper:

9. I know how you feel

I love my 6ers :smug:

10. cheamo

cheamo

May 19, 2009
    Saskatoon, SK
    I've always wondered why 5's aren't more popular as you can do everything you can on a 4 with about the same ease and then when you want it you have that extra range for some low notes or even just so you don't have to change positions.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021