Probably the best display of tapping I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Shearstown, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Wow, that Eric Clapton song is SWEEEEET! I have to show that to a couple of guitar friends of mine.
  3. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO

That was AWESOME.

I really enjoyed the Clapton tune!!!
  4. Wow. Now I remeber why I like bass over guitar. Because its a million times smoother and more relaxing.

This guy is amazing.

And he WRITES thats stuff too, not only plays it.
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It's a shame he's married

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That's really beautiful playing- much more melodic and cleanly played than a lot of tapping I've heard. I saw a thread with his name in it over in the Lawson/Manring forum- I'm going to go read it.
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Holy crap in a pita! Now that I've finally listened to the song (I finally have headphone's upstairs, no computer speaker) that is easily the best tapping I've ever seen/heard. This guy is phenomenal!
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    He sounds exactly like Adrian Davison.
  9. fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    sounds great!!
  10. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Very, Very Impessive, I have some new goals to work on. Farrrrrr away goals.

I was expecting another Eddie Van Halen influence, boy was I wrong.
  11. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Thanks for posting. Learnt something new.

Amazing musician.

Very inspirational!
  12. That is some of the best tapping I have heard. Tapping usually bores me, but his detail to the composition and technique really make it sound like something I could listen to. I think it's his dynamics, most people bang their way through tapping pieces. PLUS! It was done on a four string, very refreshing.
  13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Very nice. I enjoyed it a lot. Though the clapton piece was very well arranged it did get a wee bit boring part way through. I like seeing playing like that on 4-string basses, it really shows that the music is all that really matters.
  14. Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm more more melodic tapping rather than shred. Hence why I was so impressed with this fellow. Must of taken years to get the control in his hands to do two COMPLETELY different things like that.
  15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

I think one of the more impressive things was his ability to place many notes into a tight space without them conflicting and still giving ample space and such. Good show.
  16. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    That´s really impressive.
    I always find it interesting when bass players don´t use tapping only for shredding (alla Sheehan) and explore melodic possibilities.

Thanks for sharing.
  17. mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    How do you get the sound of the bass so loud and clear for tapping? Is it amp/bass volume settings or finger strength?
  18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That guy's action is set soooo looooowww. Plus it's an awesome bass... that's why he's not pounding down the strings like I have to. :rollno: