problem please help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I really don't know where to post this, so here it goes. I just baught an SX SPJ-62 from rondo, I love it and its a great bass but, when I take my hand off the strings I get ome major feedback and it only goes away when I touch the bridge or strings. Though what really scares me is, say I play an open E, and let it ring out. I get loud, repetitive crackles from my tweeter. Is this just a grounding issue on my bass, or is it the cabinet?
  2. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Are you playign near flourescent lights, power lines, or TV/computer screens? It sounds like yoru bass is pickign up some interference. Try playing in another room. If that's the problem, you should look into getting soem sheilding tape to shield the control cavity from unwanted interference. My old Yamaha bass hummed like crazy in my basement ( flourescent lights).

3. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Sounds like you have interference issues dude.
  4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Have you tried plugging a different bass into the amp? Or plugging the bass into a different amp? PunkerTrav has a good suggestion about moving to another room. I would go so far as try another building if possible.
  5. pseek

Jun 17, 2004
    I've had the same problem with my Fender Mark Hoppus.
    The pickups were not connected the right way with each other. You can get a wiring diagram at
    and see if yours are connected right. And I've taped the inside body with aluminium tape, this helps also. Kees, Netherlands.