Problem powering battery only pedal with adapter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hawkbone, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    Hi all,

I have a Prescription Electronics Supernatural fuzz pedal that was designed to run on battery only. I got a powered SKB board for xmas so I tried powering the PE pedal with the included battery adapter. It works fine on its own, but the red LED on the SKB board flashes and power is lost to all other pedals as soon as I add the Supernatural into the signal path.

In other words, I can't have the Supernatural powered off the board and connected to other pedals powered off the board, but it all works fine as long as the Supernatural is powered separately from the other pedals.

Any ideas?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Does your power supply have isolated power? It may need to be isolated.

3. Hawkbone

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    The board has a power supply and then there are 8 power jacks along top of the board, so I don't think I can isolate one output jack from the others, if that's what you mean. I can isolate by using a separate supply for the Supernatural, but I'm hoping to power everything from one supply if at all possible.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The board's outlets are NOT isolated, and that is the problem. That pedal needs its own supply (some pedals are like that). You can power everything from one supply if you get a supply with isolated outlets like the Voodoo PPII+.

5. Hawkbone

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    ok, thanks bongo!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021