Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Sep 12, 2004.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    I just bought a nADy wireless unit. it was pretty cheap so i didnt expect the best quality. mistake number 1. i know the wireless loose some tone unless you use a good one. but it seems to me i get no low end with this unit...i plugged a hartke 4-10 and mesa boogie 4-10 together with my gallien krueger 700RB-II... eqed my head the best i could for low end and it sounded like a punchy ass Ernie Ball. any suggestions? dump the wireless?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Number one symptom of a cheap wireless is a severe dropoff in the low frequencies. Your amp can't enhance what is not already there. The problem is not with your amp, its with your wireless.
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Interestingly, the specs on their Encore series indicate a frequency range of 25 hz to 20 Khz, which would be suitable even for 5-string basses. Another series lists 40 hz as the bottom, but still OK for a 4-string.

Bottom line, I'd recommend UHF dual-diversity systems, whichever brand you buy. I had a Shure VHF diversity system that fairly sucked (same symptoms as yours), but their UHF diversity works very well.
  4. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    suggestion on the best wireless for bass? i got the $140 refund from my nady im returning and i got about 50-60 extra $ to spend. Wireless for bass $200?