1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problem with Badass bass II bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by skoti89, May 15, 2006.

1. skoti89

skoti89

Feb 23, 2006
    Chico, Ca
    On the D string of my jazz bass, there is a rattle. its not frett buzz, but im sure its coming from the nut. Im not sure if this is because of the new bridge i put on, or what. what can i do?

also, the new bridge was a Badass bass II. i put it on, but it didnt have the filed slots for the strings, is that bad? I just adjusted it, and put all the saddles as low as they can go, and its still has a high action. its so hard to play, and i cant even slap and pluck its so high. any help?

2. jamzcl

jamzcl

Jul 21, 2004
    Des Moines, IA USA
    I'd say take it to a qualified luthier to have the saddles slotted to the guage of each string like they recommend

3. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    There is no point in putting on a Badass without having the saddles filed, all you will end up with is a bass with really high action. You have to get the saddles filed, so unless you are experienced enough to do this, take it in to a luthier have it properly setup at the same time that should take care of teh buzz.