1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem with Boss LS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Asca, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Asca

Asca

Mar 2, 2008
    Hi!
    I have a problem with my boss Line Selector:
    Today I bought a Guyatone BR-2 and I tried it with the rest of my pedalboard. The signal path is: Bass-> Boss LS-2 (in the loop: guyatone br2 - ehx little big muff - boss bf3 - boss ceb3) -> amp.
    When I turned on the amp I heard just some random noise, the bass signal was not amplified. The Line Selector was working correctly just 5 mins before.
    I tried all the pedal without the LS-2 and they work perfectly. The Line Selector still gives power to other pedals, but the main output doesn't seem to work and the loop A (the only one I use) has a very low output.
    I really don't know what it could be, since it stopped to work when I put the br2 in the chain. Any ideas? thanks!

2. I had an extremely similar experience with an LS-2. I put something in the loop to blend my clean signal with the effected signal. Worked perfectly for about 15 minutes. I took a break, came back a half hour later and LS-2 did not work as a blender anymore. Its set up exactly as it says you can in the manual, and though many people tried to say I was doing something wrong, I respectful say they were wrong. Tried a million other things, and it would not blend.

I returned the LS-2 and got a barge concepts vfb-2...so much better for blending purposes. Not as versatile, but 10x better for its purpose.

3. Very Strange. I've had trouble with mine with the output jack not functioning. Not great as I need it to switch between a clean and dirty loop. It's going back tomorrow so hopefully I can get another. If not, I'll be buying something else...

4. Checked the usual suspects, patch cables? Check every pedal and patch cable one by one, then once you know absolutely everything is working as it should be, start building up the rig - again, bit by bit so you can eliminate causes.

5. Asca

Asca

Mar 2, 2008
    Thanks for your inputs...
    yeah, I've checked everything and all pedals works properly but the LS-2. When I link the bass to the pedal and then to the amp,the output does not work. But if there's something on the loop A, and I select it, it works but has a very low output. Any other idea?