1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem with Ibanez edb600 volume pot/electronics

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by skiskiski, Nov 3, 2018.

1. skiskiski

skiskiski

Nov 3, 2018
    I'm not sure if this belongs in the repair or the electronics section. Apologies if I have it in the wrong spot.

I have an Ibanez edb600 that no longer works through an amp. When connected, no sound. I've validated the amp works with another bass and replaced the 9v battery in the bass. No change. The volume pot is obviously problematic - it no longer is smooth and no longer has stops. I was thinking of changing out the pot to see if that's the problem. But before doing so, wondered if it there's anything else on the board that should be checked or even if it makes more sense to swap out the preamp for a newer one. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

2. Open up the control cavity and look for loose wires and take a pic of it. post it here.
    Edit: fix volume pot first then evaluate.