Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with moderater

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jun 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Hey last night i had a real hard time with one of the local moderaters and it really kinda got me grumpy! The post by someone else was about why jazz players dont like flea? Well posted a long message about why as a jazz iam not crazy about flea. I did not not slam anyone or hurt anyones feelings but when i went to post the message the link did not work and i figured that maybe it was deleted because there was a youngster in there bieng kinda rude. But the rest of us were having a very good conversation so i posted my message in a new forum and it was deleted from him before anyone could read it! Basically he told me that we can not talk down about any famous bass players or say things like ******** and this and that! So what i did was change the whole thing around a bit to be politically correct! Then he had the guts to tell me if i had a problem with the way he ran things to bring it up to the owner? I thin k iembarrised him myself! Ive been comming here for a very long time and never had a problem till last night! I thought that he was very rude and had the power go straight to hes head! Glad i didnt send money in to becaome a suppoter yet till this is all better!

2. this is something you should be discussing in private with the moderators and/or paul.

3. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    See i desagree i think people should have the ability to have a complaint and others to talk about it! Wouldnt you agree? Man you look so familier to me its killing! Were do you live?

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Read the rules, man. Dancehallclasher is right.

5. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yep thats what i thought thanks for the help everyone!

6. We don't own this site. Posting is not a right, and we can either follow the stated rules or leave. It's simple.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    By the way, it's moderatOr...

And please refrain from mentioning parts of the human reproductive anatomy. (which was also misspelled) Thank you.

Will

8. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Testify, brother!

Will

9. Why is your problem with a moderator being discussed in public. Isn't this against policy?

(later...) Oh, that's been pointed out already. Well, it's a good thing that some folks take the time to read the rules. ;)

And, by the way Eric, I believe the thread in question was about why "jazz snobs" don't like Flea.

Sorry man... you don't get my sympathy.

10. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    And again iam a bass player not a english mojor! I dropped out of school young and went on the road and relesed 2 cds so i think it was worth it! Ok man i will just go and hide under a rock and tremble! All i wanted to do last night was have fun and chat with fellow bass players and state my opinion! So if you really dont know the whole story ask me before you just start slamming me! And really the english thing will not work my friends i dont regret anything that ive done with my life! Iam a buisness owner that makes out very well and ive released 2 rock cds that sold very well and a jazz cd that is very nice and we have a happy crowd that comes to see us! Iam happily married with a beutifull daughter. So i couldnt be much happier with my life and the grammer part of my life didnt hurt me in one bit! Plus my wife is a english major!hehe

11. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Xavler was i looking for sympthy from you?

12. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Then what's the point of the thread?

13. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    This thread is pointless.

Thread closed.

Thread Status: