Problem with my AG500!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hrothgar, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    I've got a technical issue with my Aggie AG500 and I was hoping one of you guys might know what the problem is before I take it in for repairs.

I was practicing in the living room of my apartment at fairly low levels, keeping the volume knob around 8 o' clock. As I was playing, the amplifier kept incrementally getting quiter and quieter so I would have to keep turning up. I would actually hear it fall down in volume every minute or so. Now, I'm playing with the volume at 1 o' clock to get similar levels as it was 10 minutes ago at 8 o' clock! At the original level I was playing, it was shaking the floor, but now it's thin and just barely audible.

To rule a couple of things out: I'm playing a passive bass (so it's not the battery), I played with several different cables, and plugged into several different outlets throughout the house. I can't seem to figure this one out, so I could really use somebodies help!!
  2. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Offhand I have no idea what the problem is. However, I would be glad to talk to you about it tomorrow (10-6 EST)and see if it needs to come in for repair.
    800-304-1875 or write

Dave B. from Aguilar
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I've never had tech support tell me to call them before :cool:
    Good thing I'm looking at an Aggie 412 pretty soon. :smug:
  4. THAT is customer support!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  5. That is a big part of why I play an ag500 thru gs112's. :D
    I don't know what the issue is with your's, but I'm sure Dave will get it sorted out for ya.
  6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You rock, Dave! Nice save! By the way, I am loving my new 750! :bassist:
  7. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    thanks, dave. I'll be in touch. BTW, love the amp!