Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with my AG500!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hrothgar, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I've got a technical issue with my Aggie AG500 and I was hoping one of you guys might know what the problem is before I take it in for repairs.

I was practicing in the living room of my apartment at fairly low levels, keeping the volume knob around 8 o' clock. As I was playing, the amplifier kept incrementally getting quiter and quieter so I would have to keep turning up. I would actually hear it fall down in volume every minute or so. Now, I'm playing with the volume at 1 o' clock to get similar levels as it was 10 minutes ago at 8 o' clock! At the original level I was playing, it was shaking the floor, but now it's thin and just barely audible.

To rule a couple of things out: I'm playing a passive bass (so it's not the battery), I played with several different cables, and plugged into several different outlets throughout the house. I can't seem to figure this one out, so I could really use somebodies help!!

2. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Offhand I have no idea what the problem is. However, I would be glad to talk to you about it tomorrow (10-6 EST)and see if it needs to come in for repair.
    800-304-1875 or write techsupport@aguilaramp.com

Dave B. from Aguilar

3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I've never had tech support tell me to call them before :cool:
    Good thing I'm looking at an Aggie 412 pretty soon. :smug:

4. THAT is customer support!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

5. That is a big part of why I play an ag500 thru gs112's. :D
    I don't know what the issue is with your's, but I'm sure Dave will get it sorted out for ya.

6. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    You rock, Dave! Nice save! By the way, I am loving my new 750! :bassist:

7. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    thanks, dave. I'll be in touch. BTW, love the amp!