Problem with my Ampeg b2r

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fret-less Six, Dec 10, 2004.

1. I've just started having problems with my amp. It seems that after a few minutes of slapping...the volume gradually cuts out. At first I thought it might be the active circuit on my bass but when I bypass it, the problem is still there...But if i just tap the head of my amp it goes right back to normal volume...what could this be? I've only had the amp for 10 months and its new. And if something is wrong with it how can I get it fixed?
  2. Pretty hard to say exactly. Obviously something's not right. I would run, not walk to Ampeg and let them fix it. Their amps have a 5yr transferable warranty, so it shouldn't cost you anything, other than the time to take it to a repair facility.
  3. StartingLineBass

Jul 24, 2002
    My B2R is messed up I believe. Does this 5 year warrenty apply to me, if I bought it used?
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think then warranty is transferable but you'll need the original receipt from the person you bought it from. I recently had a minor problem with my B4r and had to dig up the receipt even though I'm the original owner and the guy doing the repair owns the store I bought it from. Anyway got the repair done and all is well.
  5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    That is correct.

We used to be a little more lax on this, but with stolen stuff being ebayed, etc, etc, we had to start holding to the rules.

In case of problems, talk to the service manager. Sometimes it can be verified another way, but the receipt is the official way.

Your problem sounds like a loose connection....being able to tap on the amp and get it to work is a classic symptom
  6. travisb

Dec 31, 2007
    I'm having a problem with my B2R that seems similar. Did you find what the problem was with yours?