Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

problem with my ashdown mag 300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BlacktotheBlind, Jul 26, 2005.

1. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    So i was in the middle of my jam session and then all the sudden i heard a crackle and then silence. so naturally of course i thought i stepped on my cord or had a weak connection somewhere between my pedals, nope. then i notice i'm still going through, but the volume is extremely low and distorted. so i turn off and unplug and then hook my other bass up directly to the amp, no pedals inbetween. nothing, silence. i unplugged with the amp still on, not getting anything at all. so i turned it off and then back on and i heard a distinct "click" inside the amp and it started working again, both basses sound just fine. but i stopped to be safe.

any ideas as to what might have happened?

2. If you were pushing the amp hard it may have had a thermal shutdown. The click you heard when you powered up again is the relay that prevents pops at powerup. (IIRC) Otherwise you might have a faulty heat sensor that shuts down intermittenly. Take to your tech, or back to the store if it's under warranty.