Problem with my Avatar Neo 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 24, 2005.

1. I bought a Neo 210 from someone off He said it's about two years old and that he had only used it at low volumes in his apartment. I have only played it at relatively low volumes through my 300w head. Recently it's taken on a buz/rattle when I dig in on the strings. It's not a fretbuzz. It sounds like paper rattling. I think it's coming from the tweeter. I don't notice it when I play lightly - just when I dig in or switch to the MM humbucker on my Carvin.

What do you think is wrong with it, and how should I fix it? I'd hate to ship it to you because I don't have the box anymore and the cost involved. I'm pretty sure it isn't either of the woofers because I get a rich, balanced bass sound when I play, plus I haven't really pushed these speakers at all.

I've written Dave about it, but I'm wondering if any of you might have any ideas.

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    A blown tweeter is a good possibility. Ask Dave for the upgraded crossover.
  3. Any idea how much that would cost?
  4. Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    I just had this same thing happen to me at my last practice. It turned out to be my instrument cable. Also, Ive heard of similar things from a weak battery if you have an active bass.
  5. I'll have to try both of those things. I've seriously only used this cab for practice and with both the volume and gain on my amp at 9:00. I haven't pushed this cab anywhere near where it should be able to go. I would love to replace the crossover with a better one, but I'd rather not have to replace the tweeter.