1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Problem with my Clover bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by niceguyhomer, Oct 13, 2013.

1. niceguyhomer

niceguyhomer

Dec 26, 2010
    I did a gig last week and had a major problem with a lack of volume which I put down to a problem with my rig. I had to turn my LMIII up to the max to get a reasonable level in the 5 piece band I play in which is ridiculous. Normally the gain and master are at 12 o clock.

Anyway, when I got home I plugged my bass into my practice rig and it was really quiet. I put a new battery in and it made no difference so I switched it over to passive and still it was very quiet.

I started twiddling all the pots and flicking switches and everything worked ok but when I rotated my pickup pan knob there was a click and then the volume back went up.

I thought I'd fixed it but there's still a drop in volume and the tone seems a bit hollow / brighter. The bass has 3 humbucking pups and they all work.

I realise I'll probably have to find a tech to get it fixed but does anyone have an ideas what the problem could be?

2. Nateshost

Nateshost

Sep 19, 2013
    I'd say that it's problem with the pots, but that's just an amatures idea.

3. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    If you messed with the blend pot and it magically started working it could be the blend pot? :ninja: I would open up the control cavity and see if you have any floaters in there. And while you're at it make sure you don't have any exposed wiring that could be making contact with something it's not supposed to.

4. niceguyhomer

niceguyhomer

Dec 26, 2010
    Thanks fellas, I'm taking it to a tech.