Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with my Ibanez GSR200...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zaelef, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Zaelef

Zaelef

Aug 9, 2002
    I've been having this problem (more of an annoyance, than anything). First off, the volume knob on my Ibanez GSR200 started becoming rediculously loose, bouncing around whenever my bass jiggled. After that, the tone knob followed. I don't jump around a lot with this, being a practice bass, so I'm wondering, has anyone else had this problem (with this or any other kind of bass)? If so, what's the easiest way to correct it?

2. here's a guess (and only a guess)
    but anyway... open up the back of it and see if the knobs are no longer on the body. This happened to my Schecter gu!tar and what i ended up doing was putting in some hot glue to keep the knob in place. Sometimes the knobs aren't screwed in place but they are glued in. Sometimes the glue forgets to stick. That was my solution...haven't had a problem since.

3. My very first bass was the Ibanez GSR190.While I did`nt have this prob with my knobs,I have had the same prob with my Ibanez EDC700.Not much of an issue since I don`t play her often but it seems the boys at Ibanez have let the quality control slip a bit.

The glue sounds like a good idea,I may look into that.:D

4. mrdungbeatle

mrdungbeatle

Jul 29, 2002
    i have that same bass and have the same problem.
    if you take the knob off you'll see an 8 sided washer, take a pair of pliers and tighten it; put the knob back on. . it was as easy as that for me, but i still do it every now and then just to keep it tight.

5. Zaelef

Zaelef

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, I fixed it, turns out the washer had gotten loose and slowly rose into the knob. I had to jiggle it a bit to get it back down, then tightened it with some pliers.

Problem solved.