1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Problem with my Peavey 115 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dr_gonzo, Jun 7, 2017.

1. dr_gonzo

dr_gonzo

Apr 27, 2017
    Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but I found no precise information online. I know the best solution is to always seek professional advice but:

a) The amp is way too big for me to be carrying it around (I don't own a car)
    b) I'm broke :(

Okay, so when I just turn on the amp, everything's fine. I can play it very loud, mess with the EQ settings and it all works fine. But after 10 minutes or so of playing, the amp starts to have intense crackling sounds. When I sustain a note, it buzzes and crackles.

Do you know what might be wrong with it? Have any of you experienced something similar? Is it an easy/cheap fix? Any imput would be of high value.

Thank you so much.

2. Passive or active bass?
    If active, try a new battery.

If you have effects in/out (send/receive) try inserting a patch cable between the two jacks, in case they are dirty.

Neither one is too likely to be your problem but easy to try, quick and cheap.

And hey! No bother. If ya can't ask those kinds of questions, then whats the point of this thing?
    Other than to get advice on firing the drummer maybe?

Welcome aboard and good luck with your amp.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021