Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with my spector.. need help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Tyler Dupont, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right forum but... my bass has developed this problem. I'm getting this loud "clack" coming out of my front pickup. When I tap on it I get the same noise .. is the pickup hooped or what can I check ?

2. Are the pickups too close to thestrings? Perhaps one of the pole pieces has shifted. I do not know. What i will do is leave it here for a day or two... then i'll move it to Pickups... (unless hambone is doing his spring cleaning... it may be shifted earlier)

:D:D

Merls

3. Tyler Dupont

at first I thought it might be that the strings are too close... but this is a really un-natural sound... kind of like a cross between a bad patch chord and a rattling sound.

Anyway, i brought it into the shop... and of course it wasn't making the noise. So I left it there.. they'll probably just order me a new pickup.

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'd recommend calling PJ Rubal, whose phone number you can get off the Spector website. He's the sales manager (or something like that) and is all-knowing when it comes to Spectors. He may also be able to tell you if you have a valid warranty issue...wouldn't that be cool???:D

5. Tyler Dupont

It should be a valid warrenty issue.. I've only had the bass for 2 months.. However.. at the same time, I went to change the strings.. and the floating bridge pieces weren't locked in... so they all fell on the ground :rolleyes: . So I figured I'd have a look at the pickup.. I undid the pickup screws.. saw nothing I could fix. When I went to the shop the guy told me that I'd void my warrenty if I took the bass apart. So basically, I went to change the strings and undid 2 screws. This is considered taking it apart ?