Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Problem with my SVP-Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twyztyr, Aug 29, 2003.

1. A little while back, it began making some noise, and then all of a sudden, just quit altogether. I figured it was tubes, talked to some people that agreed, and so I just recieved my new tubes about 2 hours ago. I just put them in, and plugged the preamp back in and turned it on.

Nothing happened.

The power indicator LED lit up, but that was all. No sound whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas as to what to check next?

2. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Sorry to hear about your trouble. The best advice I can give you is to take it in to a tech. Because it would be hard for someone to know what is wrong with it without seeing it, and probably difficult to fix on your own anyway.

3. I figured someone would say that. I'd love to, except that I live out in the middle of absolutely nowhere...the closest Ampeg Certified tech is like a 2 hour drive away.

4. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    That sucks :(

By the way, what tubes did you get? I just put new tubes in mine and I'm very happy. The new tubes (Chinese 12AX7's and JAN 12AU7) significantly reduced the noise floor I was experiencing. The tubes I replaced were good quality tubes (EH's) but that preamp is very picky about what tubes it likes. Haven't tried the amp out yet in my band but I think it's going to be a big improvement.

5. eat some food