1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problem with my SWR 350X

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DannyG, Mar 28, 2006.

1. DannyG

DannyG

Feb 23, 2002
    Every now and then I have a problem where for the first few minutes I have my amp turned on the volume is extremely low and fuzzy, then after I turn the amp of and on a few times, it comes back to life. This usually only happens in clubs and bars, so I’m hoping it’s their electricity and not my amp. Does anyone have any insight on what might be happening? And what I can do to solve the problem?
    Danny

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    How old is your amp?
    Sounds like you need to replace the power switch. They are available at Mouser Electronics. If the electricity at the clubs is a bit low in voltage and your switch has burnt or dirty contacts it can cause a low voltage problem. The 12AX7 tube and other components are designed to run at a certain voltage level. Anything lower will result in distortion or failure to play at all. The switch is fairly easy to replace. It has pushon wire lugs.

3. DannyG

DannyG

Feb 23, 2002
    Thanks for replying. Could you help me out with a part number? And maybe some brief instructions on how to do the replacement?

4. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    This is the exact same thing that happened to my SM-900 at first then it was happening while playing. The volume would fluxuate from load to soft with a distorted signal. To learn more see tread "Pre-Fender SWR vs.Fender SWR"