Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

problem with my warwick corvette- Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Dec 4, 2003.

1. The active electronics are screwed up. The bass has no power to it.. I mean that when I turn up the volume, it doesn't go up. But when it's in passive, bypassing the eq, it works fine. Any info on this? I don't feel like going to guitar center and paying those guys to do it. Thanks. :)

2. thadood

thadood

Jun 16, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Have you checked the battery, or the wiring for the battery yet?

3. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    Active electronics are powered by a 9volt battery. This battery should be located underneath the black plastic electronics plate on the back of your bass.

If passive mode works fine and active mode sucks, it's a 99.9999999999999% chance that the battery is dead.:)

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Most active bass' when the battery goes dead it won't work. The only active bass I've ever had that worked with a dead battery or even without one was a Ibanez EDB 600 I had like 4 years ago. Check the battery it's most likely dead. I don't know which one of those apply to the Corvette because mine is passive. Hope I shed some light on the subject.
    peace
    -Ben

5. My battery isn't dead. I thought it was. I put in 3 different new batteries just in case. Did that before posting.

6. Check the wiring from the battery connection inside the control cavity. There's a chance that one the two wires (normally black and red) had a bad solder connection somewhere. If you're still working in passive, it just means that there's disruption between the battery and the pickups, and pretty much the only thing that could be is a loose wire.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    ditto.

8. Everything looks good. I've had this bass for about 2 and a half years now, so I guess some electronics could go bad. Any other ideas?

9. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    If all else fails, talk to the guys at the Warwick distribution center in CA. They are often quite helpful. You can find the phone number on the Warwick www site (warwickbass.com)

Steve