1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Problem with Status??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Trying to order a bass from them and I'm getting no response to my e-mails, I would call them but I don't know what the time differences are. Can anyone help?

2. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal

Today's a public holiday in the UK.

3. Friday was as well, a nice long weekend.

4. Hiya,

We have the Easter break here right now which runs Friday thru Monday inclusive, that might be why you got no response. Rob and Dawn are usually very good at replying too.

Cheers

Nick

5. Cool! What bass model do you plan on ordering from them? I just heard about a guy from Ohio named Sean Haider who bought a passive Stealth-2 with a TON OF OPTIONS and he LOVES LOVES LOVES it! Maybe he'll post a review?

I think they have voicemail if you do plan on calling their business office....... :)

6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Thanks to all for the info, I was starting to worry there a little.:)

7. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Tuesday, still no luck.:( and its mid-afternoon here in Wisconsin.

Jay Terrien: I'm ordering a Mark King signature, 6 string neck-through with a walnut body and cocobolo top, black hardware without the LED's, providing they get back to me so I can get the order out.

8. Thats because its (now) about quarter past ten in the evening on Monday still :smug:

9. bassaussie

bassaussie

Oct 6, 2001
    Portugal
    The UK is ahead of the US, not behind.

10. It would be cool if you could get the "bend well" option on that bass! ;)

11. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    That should be fabulous. Keep us posted on the order, how long it takes, etc. I'd really like to hear some sound samples eventually.

12. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    doh!!!:eek: I am getting the bendwell option. I was told it would take about two and a half months to build, thats twice as fast as any other builders I've dealt with, though,all my basses are awesome:smug: . The tone of the MK basses just blows me away. Rob said that this would be the first MK 6 they've ever done. This is so cool because I have the first VBX ever(and If Im not mistaken) ONLY from Le Compte custom basses!! The first in the world to own two "firsts". Thats history folks.

13. LUCKY!!

I think Rob just did a Mark King shaped STEALTH-2 model. That would be an amazing instrument to behold!!! :)

14. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Hopefully they cured their ill. Back in 2002, sent them 4 emails + 2 faxes through 3 weeks for ordering a hard case for my Status Energy, and never got ANY kind of reply.

15. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

Will they do a 6 string? I thought model on came in 4/5 string models!

I know they do custom jobs, but I asked Rob if I could order a custom Hellborg bass with 32" scale rather than 34 1/4" and he said they can't do that :meh:

16. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    Rob was off for a week. Dawn doesn't answer e-mails. He's just back to me today (I have a pair of headless Status basses and 1 more coming).

17. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Wednesday....still nothing:( This truly saddens me, at first there was a good rapport and then "poof", everything stopped, I even got a quote from Rob and re-contacted him about a few extra options but got no response. I'll probably have to call. I wont e-mail again as I have already left quite a few.

18. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    That's weird, I emailed them three times so far, once I had to wait a week until they replied, but they always got back to me.
    They also apologised for making me wait.

19. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    well if everyone trying to contact them keeps trying to contact them, it makes it that much longer you'll hear back from them because theyll have to sift through even more emails.

20. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I'm just gonna wait, and hopefuly Rob will contact me, it's truly fustrating, anybody here live close around them or in the same city.