Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

problem

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by perumex, Feb 3, 2003.

1. perumex

perumex

May 25, 2002
    my bass is a 6 string cort curbow with bartolini gear, the problem is that when I play the bass (or amp, I'm not sure) randomly cuts the lows (like listening to a tweeter) its not the cord cause I changed it. its not the input jacks cause I moved the cable around (both on the bass and on the amp). the bass is a few months old so I don't think the battery is dead. help........:confused:

2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Just double check the electronic connections in the bass.. some solder may have come off, or the input jack could need tightening (sometimes they feel 'loose' and the fork like bits inside that hold the plug get a bit sloppy, leading to crackling and poor connection.)

..least that way you can rule out the bass being the problem.. then pop over to the amps forum!!

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Try playing the bass through a different amp. If you still have the problem, you'll know the bass is the problem.

Play a different bass through your amp to make sure the amp's not the problem

If the bass is still under warranty, take it back. If not, have a repairperson check it out. It's better to fix the problem now than have the bass go on the fritz when you're on a gig.

4. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Nice pedulla blackbird, welcome to my MVP club!!

5. perumex

perumex

May 25, 2002
    not the amp, i tryed another bass. in addition, the sound goes away when i hit the strings.

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Always start simple... even though the bass is new, doesn't mean that the battery hasn't been sitting in it for quite awhile. I'd look there first...

-robert