Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

problematic Boss BF-3 Flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SlavaF, Oct 21, 2002.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well, after spending 150 smackers on the BF-3, I thought I was set. Not so, it seems. This damn thing, after plugging it in and working for 2 minutes, will start clicking rapidly, making me get a clicky flange (I can't turn it off at this point). I do not lose all audio, my cables are working fine. But the little light at the top does not come on anymore, even if the effect is activated. Anyone had similar experiences and can offer troubleshooting advice? If so, thanks a lot.

2. new battery?

if not, take it back

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    The case is definitely not in the battery. So I guess I'll have to exchange it.

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    On that subject, I am going to be trying out a Boss PH-3 at the store; it costs around the same as the BF-3. Anyone own one? how do you like it? Would it be a good addition to a rock-metal player's arsenal?

5. I own a PH-3, it's a very good pedal, and can give you very cool swirling effects for intros, outros, bridges, ect ect...

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Thanks... I went to the store today with a non-functioning BF-3 and returned home with a brand new PH-3. Apparently, my BF-3 was the last one, and it was the one that people could play with in the store. Anyhoo, the PH-3 sounded awesome in the store (into an Ampeg combo, mind you). So I'm happy, just hope same thing won't happen to this one.